Why be an Author?
The Australian Businesswomen's Network actively works to raise the profile of its members and of women in business. By contributing to publications as an author, you support fellow businesswomen* by providing up-to-date, relevant information and inspiration, and you also raise your own profile and have the opportunity to connect with thousands of business owners.
How the Author Bank works
Publications are regularly themed and authors sought in particular industries or subject areas. When you submit an article, the article is placed into the next relevant publication and/or posted on this website. The ABN currently publishes article in two places:
- Women in Business - a weekly E-newsletter (circulation 15,000**)
- Here on the Australian Businesswomen's Network website
Apply to be an Author
Complete this form to receive an Author Application Form and for details on how to submit your article.
- The Australian Businesswomen's Network (ABN) does not pay authors for articles for its publications; all contributions are purely voluntary.
- All articles for publication are sent to our editor for review. Some minor changes to spelling, grammar, word choices for search engine optimisation, etc, may occur in the editing process to standardise article quality.
- The ABN cannot guarantee any article submitted will be published, or that it will appear in any particular publication or edition.
- We publish content on the following business subjects: advocacy, branding, business development, career, communication, customer service, goals and achievement, inspiration and success, leadership, marketing, money, networking, online business, productivity, publicity and PR, sales, small business, social media, staff and recruitment and health and wellbeing.
- Advertising and inserts can be taken in Women in Business eNewsletter to support your article. Request advertising rates and details here.
The ABN also regularly receives requests from other professional organisations and the media for interviewees, speakers and articles for republication. If you would like your article to be considered for third party publication, please ensure that you complete the Release Form.
Useful Tips for Writing Articles
Cassandra Butler has written an article, Your Guide to Writing Articles that Readers Love, that may be useful to authors writing for ABN publications. You can also visit our online Resource Centre to see the style and quality of articles we are seeking.
Need help? Call us on 1300 720 120 or email us today.
* Male authors are welcome to submit articles
** Circulation figures accurate as at June 2012