Social media is a helpful communication tool for businesses as it allows them to communicate directly with customers and engage them in conversations. Social media can also help you to increase your customers’ brand awareness and find new contacts or business opportunities. If you want to become active on social media, but don’t know [...]
It's Time for Women to Step Up and Change the World
Welcome to the herBusiness program, where we interview inspiring businesswomen and entrepreneurs.
In this episode, we interview Linda Tarr-Whelan, author of Women Lead the Way: Your Guide to Stepping Up to Leadership and Changing the World. Linda served as Ambassador to the UN Commission on the Status of Women and has been named as one of the 50 most powerful women in Washington.
In this interview, we look at:
- the myths about why more women aren't in leadership positions
- the 30% solution
- why it is important that the perception of women as being indecisive changes
- the one area of leadership women trail behind men in
- how we can support other women to step up to the challenge and become leaders
- how businesses can benefit from harnessing an under-utilised and powerful resource: women
Enjoy this interview with Linda Tarr-Whelan.
You might be interested in this event...
Upcoming Event: Reflect Your Success!
Building a Strong Personal Brand and a Powerful Network
How can building your personal brand help you achieve your goals? A strong personal brand allows you to network more easily and to connect with more people (and have them connect with you).
Join us on 29 May when Marny Lifshen, author of Some Assembly Required: A Networking Guide for Women presents a new webinar: Reflect Your Success.