Social media is a helpful communication tool for businesses as it allows them to communicate directly with customers and engage them in conversations. Social media can also help you to increase your customers’ brand awareness and find new contacts or business opportunities. If you want to become active on social media, but don’t know [...]
Unpacking A Unique Business Model
Susan Williams is the founder of award-winning business The Finishing Touch.
From modest beginnings 16 years ago, The Finishing Touch now employs more than two hundred casual staff nationally, and has a franchise in New Zealand. It has been independently recognised with more than 20 major industry and government awards.
In this video interview we discuss:
- How Susan has differentiated her business, The Finishing Touch, from competitors
- The strategies Susan uses to manage over 200 casually-employed staff
- Why employing mature aged people has proved to be a winning formula and
- The challenge of having such a wide network of operation, and how technology helps overcome this
Enjoy this interview with Susan Williams.
About the In Her Shoes series
In Her Shoes is a regular video series presented by the Australian Businesswomen's Network and BNet.com.au. Each interview features an inspiring businesswoman and her strategies for success.
You might be interested in this upcoming event...
NEW: Social Media for Small Business Webinar Series
Practical ways to use social media to grow your business
Online Webinars - Starting 28 May 2013
NEW webinar series: designed to dispel the myths about social media and arm small business owners with skills and know-how to make social media a powerful force for business development and bottom line results.
Experts will present practical ways to use social media to:
- Build brand awareness for your organisation
- Network and make connections all over the world
- Build your personal profile and position you as a credible authority
- Drive traffic to your website, blog or social networks
- Convert social media followers to leads and leads to customers
- Grow you reach with suppliers, staff, resources, alliances, sponsors