“How do you find the time to manage all of this social media stuff?” That’s one of the most common questions I’m asked whenever I present. And sometimes, I get the sense that people are hoping that it’s so complicated and time-consuming that they’ll have a great excuse NOT to do it. Not to learn [...]
Tweet Yourself to Success
Twitter is an excellent way of engaging your audience and creating valuable business relationships online. In just a few short months I have used this amazing social media tool to grow my publishing business, attract new clients and gain international media attention - all without my company being the central focus!
The key is to view Twitter as an online cocktail party where you dress up (your Twitter page) and mingle (online) asking people about themselves and their interests in the hope that they MAY check out your website and purchase your products one day. Your Twitter page should be like a business card that has clear information about what you do, offer and the best way to contact you directly.
Twitter is about building reciprocal connections with like-minded people. The focus is on the individual and not the business. However, it seems to be quite an organic process that just naturally flows visitors to your website that are curious about the company behind the personality.
Like anything else in life, the more you add value to something - the more rewarding your experience will be. Try to keep in mind that it's not the quantity of followers that's important but the quality of the relationships that you are building.
There are a few key factors to ensuring your time in the Twitterverse is successful, productive and an effective way to build your business.
- Customise your Twitter page to match your business branding.
- Keep your Tweets uplifting, positive and informative.
- Connect with people on a real level. Be genuine. Be yourself.
- Follow all of the people you admire, are inspired by and want to learn more from.
- Ask questions.
- Limit your time... Twitter can be addictive.
- Enjoy your time in the Twitterverse... it works in mysterious ways.
You might be interested in this upcoming event...
NEW: Social Media for Small Business Webinar Series
Practical ways to use social media to grow your business
Online Webinars - Starting 28 May 2013
NEW webinar series: designed to dispel the myths about social media and arm small business owners with skills and know-how to make social media a powerful force for business development and bottom line results.
Experts will present practical ways to use social media to:
- Build brand awareness for your organisation
- Network and make connections all over the world
- Build your personal profile and position you as a credible authority
- Drive traffic to your website, blog or social networks
- Convert social media followers to leads and leads to customers
- Grow you reach with suppliers, staff, resources, alliances, sponsors