“How do you find the time to manage all of this social media stuff?” That’s one of the most common questions I’m asked whenever I present. And sometimes, I get the sense that people are hoping that it’s so complicated and time-consuming that they’ll have a great excuse NOT to do it. Not to learn [...]
The Secret to Getting Real Action from your Marketing Campaign
You’ve got a fantastic idea for a promotion and you’ve put together a great marketing campaign. There’s a landing page on your website, you’ve sent an email out and you’re working your social media network. But not much has actually happened as result. You should ask yourself why and I bet it’s nothing to do with your actual promotion.
One of the most critical elements of effective marketing makes the leap between the promotional campaign and the action that it creates. In fact, without action, your marketing campaign is simply a promotional broadcast.
Getting customers to respond to your marketing is quite a psychological affair. While your marketing campaign might tell them everything they need to know, if you don’t tell them what you want them to do, they probably won’t do it. It’s that simple!
Call To Action = Action
Your copywriting should always include an action, such as Call, Register, Download, Email, Subscribe, Buy, Like, Share... you get the idea.
Here are some quick tips to ensure your ‘call to action’ really does drive some action:
- Make it simple. Don’t jam your copy with so many different ‘call to actions’ that it’s not really clear what your reader is supposed to do. Pick one and go with it.
- Make it clearly visible. Whether you use a larger font, different coloured text or a big green button on every page, make sure your reader can’t miss it.
- Make it urgent. Turn “Call Us” to “Call Us Today” and “Register” to “Register Now”
- Add an offer. Give your reader a reason to do it NOW with a free trial, special discount or a free downloadable report.
It’s easy! Don’t be afraid to use your call to action multiple times in your copywriting and remind your audience, as they read, of what they should do when they have finished.
The action might seem very obvious to you, but you will get more responses when you spell it out.
You might be interested in this upcoming event...
NEW: Social Media for Small Business Webinar Series
Practical ways to use social media to grow your business
Online Webinars - Starting 28 May 2013
NEW webinar series: designed to dispel the myths about social media and arm small business owners with skills and know-how to make social media a powerful force for business development and bottom line results.
Experts will present practical ways to use social media to:
- Build brand awareness for your organisation
- Network and make connections all over the world
- Build your personal profile and position you as a credible authority
- Drive traffic to your website, blog or social networks
- Convert social media followers to leads and leads to customers
- Grow you reach with suppliers, staff, resources, alliances, sponsors