“How do you find the time to manage all of this social media stuff?” That’s one of the most common questions I’m asked whenever I present. And sometimes, I get the sense that people are hoping that it’s so complicated and time-consuming that they’ll have a great excuse NOT to do it. Not to learn [...]
The Power of Narrative in Business
Welcome to the herBusiness program, where we interview inspiring businesswomen and entrepreneurs.
In this episode, we interview Lindley Edwards, Group Managing Director of AFG Venture Group.
Lindley recently gave a graduation address to students at Macquarie University, entitled "How Might We Live a Life Well Lived." Read the full speech here.
In this herBusiness podcast, Lindley discusses:
- why narrative is an especially important skill for business leaders
- how to develop the talent of story-telling
- why asking the right questions is key to creating the future we want
- how learning situations help us to create better narrative
- and lessons from her speech that she shared with students, including:
- setting a vision for your own life
- asking questions
- when and why to put yourself in the discomfort of risk-taking
- the importance of learning
- contributing outside your existing commitments
Enjoy this interview with Lindley Edwards.