“How do you find the time to manage all of this social media stuff?” That’s one of the most common questions I’m asked whenever I present. And sometimes, I get the sense that people are hoping that it’s so complicated and time-consuming that they’ll have a great excuse NOT to do it. Not to learn [...]
Fair Trade Finds Fans In Australia - Video Interview
Jacqueline Arias is founder of Republica, Australia's only 100% Fairtrade and Organic Coffee Company. Her mission is to make Fairtrade an every day choice at supermarket checkouts all over Australia.
In this video interview we discuss:
- What inspired her to quit her job and get involved with the Fairtrade movement
- Her experience breaking into a close-knit, male-dominated industry, where her goal of finding quality, Fair Trade coffee was considered an impossible feat
- How she has ensured growth by enrolling Australia's biggest chains in her vision, in an environment were success relies on partnerships and distribution.
- How she found the courage to take the plunge, mortgage her house and risk everything, in pursuit of her mission
Plus, Jacqueline passes on the lessons she has learned to others considering to take the risk and start a new business.
On Tuesday, 7 December 2010 the Sydney Morning Herald's Short Black column reported:
Drinking chocolate from Jacqueline Arias's Sydney-based Republica Coffee will be in the gift packs at the "Oprah House" when Oprah Winfrey hits town. Arias pitched her product direct to the US chat show queen's people, beating many Australian firms wanting a place.
Congratulations Jacqueline. We hope this opportunity opens up new doors for Republica Coffee.
About the In Her Shoes series
In Her Shoes is a regular video series presented by the Australian Businesswomen's Network and BNet.com.au. Each interview features an inspiring businesswoman and her strategies for success.
You might be interested in this upcoming event...
NEW: Social Media for Small Business Webinar Series
Practical ways to use social media to grow your business
Online Webinars - Starting 28 May 2013
NEW webinar series: designed to dispel the myths about social media and arm small business owners with skills and know-how to make social media a powerful force for business development and bottom line results.
Experts will present practical ways to use social media to:
- Build brand awareness for your organisation
- Network and make connections all over the world
- Build your personal profile and position you as a credible authority
- Drive traffic to your website, blog or social networks
- Convert social media followers to leads and leads to customers
- Grow you reach with suppliers, staff, resources, alliances, sponsors