“How do you find the time to manage all of this social media stuff?” That’s one of the most common questions I’m asked whenever I present. And sometimes, I get the sense that people are hoping that it’s so complicated and time-consuming that they’ll have a great excuse NOT to do it. Not to learn [...]
Effective Business Writing Today
Valerie Khoo is a journalist, author and entrepreneur who founded the Sydney Writers’ Centre - Australia's leading centre for writing training. Valerie is also a small business commentator for major media in Australia. Her popular Enterprise blog appears in the online news sites for Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, WA Today and Brisbane Times.
In this interview we discuss:
- Why good writing is an essential part of doing business
- How social media writing differs from other writing
- What small business needs to be doing right now to be successful
- Why your business voice needs to be clear and concise
- How Valerie runs a big team without having a big staff
Enjoy this interview with Valerie Khoo.
About the In Her Shoes series
In Her Shoes is a regular video series presented by the Australian Businesswomen's Network and BNet.com.au. Each interview features an inspiring businesswoman and her strategies for success.
You might be interested in this upcoming event...
NEW: Social Media for Small Business Webinar Series
Practical ways to use social media to grow your business
Online Webinars - Starting 28 May 2013
NEW webinar series: designed to dispel the myths about social media and arm small business owners with skills and know-how to make social media a powerful force for business development and bottom line results.
Experts will present practical ways to use social media to:
- Build brand awareness for your organisation
- Network and make connections all over the world
- Build your personal profile and position you as a credible authority
- Drive traffic to your website, blog or social networks
- Convert social media followers to leads and leads to customers
- Grow you reach with suppliers, staff, resources, alliances, sponsors