Social media is a helpful communication tool for businesses as it allows them to communicate directly with customers and engage them in conversations. Social media can also help you to increase your customers’ brand awareness and find new contacts or business opportunities. If you want to become active on social media, but don’t know [...]
Daily Deals and Small Business
This episode of The Venture examines the popularity of daily deal websites and looks at whether or not small business owners really do benefit from running a deal.
Many of us are the recipients of daily deal offers from the likes of Living Social, CUDO, Jump On it, Spreets, and so on.
Each day we are offered deals on products and services, which are often provided by small business owners.
Many of us are enjoying cheap meals, vacations, haircuts and massages and even gym memberships as a result. But how good are these deals for the small businesses that are offering them?
In this episode of The Venture, we look at:
- How effective are the daily deals opportunities for the small businesses who are doing the offering? Do small businesses really benefit from the 'deals' they are offering?
- What are some of the downsides to driving new customers through a daily deal? Is attracting too many customers a bad thing?
- How can small businesses use this opportunity to their advantage? What should they consider before doing one of these deals?
- What do you think the future of these deals sites as from the consumer perspective - will we have deal fatigue?
About The Venture Video Series
The Venture is a regular video series designed to provide small businesses with tips and tools to make running a business easier and a whole lot more fun.
You might be interested in this upcoming event...
NEW: Social Media for Small Business Webinar Series
Practical ways to use social media to grow your business
Online Webinars - Starting 28 May 2013
NEW webinar series: designed to dispel the myths about social media and arm small business owners with skills and know-how to make social media a powerful force for business development and bottom line results.
Experts will present practical ways to use social media to:
- Build brand awareness for your organisation
- Network and make connections all over the world
- Build your personal profile and position you as a credible authority
- Drive traffic to your website, blog or social networks
- Convert social media followers to leads and leads to customers
- Grow you reach with suppliers, staff, resources, alliances, sponsors