“How do you find the time to manage all of this social media stuff?” That’s one of the most common questions I’m asked whenever I present. And sometimes, I get the sense that people are hoping that it’s so complicated and time-consuming that they’ll have a great excuse NOT to do it. Not to learn [...]
Business Makeover Library
Making Over Your Mindset
The best place to start a ‘mind makeover’ is to take time to stop and reflect upon the results you are currently achieving personally and professionally in your life.
Then ask yourself three very challenging questions and reflect on the answers that emerge:
What are the key professional and personal results I want to HAVE in my life?
- How can I accurately describe them as specific and compelling outcomes that meet my physical, emotional, material and spiritual needs?
To manifest these results in my life, who am I willing to BE?
- What are my most dominant emotional states, how useful are they in supporting me to HAVE what I want?
- What emotional states, for example, joy, passion, excitement, enthusiasm or inclusion might support me more to HAVE what I want, and how could I develop and embody more of them?
- How open is my mindset, do I have a fixed or a growth mindset, how is this impacting on my current results?
- What are some of the more useful mindsets that I could develop, for example, achieving, collaborative, innovative or entrepreneurial that might support me more to HAVE what I want?
- How could I develop and practice more of them?
- How lucky am I, am I manifesting my own luck or do things just ‘happen to me’?
To make over my mind, what exactly will I do?
- What are some of the key action steps I can take to define my personal and professional goals?
- What actions can I take to develop my choice of be-ing states and new mindsets?
Why is this Important?
Why take the time to do this? It’s very simple:
Your moods and mindsets drive your behaviours and your actions, which then create the results you get.
Most of the time are not conscious of this cycle and operate mostly in auto-pilot mode. Or many of us try and force what we want to happen, which is sometimes, equally frustrating!
By being intentional about the results you want to HAVE, and by choosing who you are willing to BE, then the DO is easy, as usually RIGHT ACTIONS flow.
So making over your mind might be the best possible strategy to undertake to deliver the results you want!