Congratulations to the winners of the recent What’s In A Name? competition. The entries demonstrated the great creativity and passion behind the naming of some of Australia’s inspiring startups. The competition asked business owners the story behind their business name. The first prize winner (name and company) receives 12 months of Premium Membership plus a [...]
About Suzi Dafnis
Suzi Dafnis is the Community Director and CEO of the Australian Businesswomen's Network.
She’s a passionate supporter of women in business and in providing education, resources and role models available to them so that they can fulfill their true business potential.
A blogger, podcast host, media commentator, public speaker and long-time digital marketer, Suzi focuses on the growth and direction of the Australian Businesswomen's Network, a role she’s fulfilled since 1995.
An entrepreneur since 1994 she co-founded Pow Wow Events, a multi-million dollar seminar company from the spare room of her Sydney apartment. She has since sold that business, which produced hundreds of events and served over 250,000 Australians and New Zealanders.
She also co-founded a boutique publishing company, which, over 10 years, sold more than 1.2 million books (including the long-time bestseller, Rich Dad Poor Dad). In 2000 Suzi opened her first business in the USA, an events company that for over six years presented events all over the USA including in New York, San Francisco, and Dallas.
Suzi has invested in a number of start-ups, a passion that was very much in line with her decision to be on the judging panel of Channel 7’s business TV show “The Dragons’ Den” in 2005.
“I didn’t have any formal business training when I started my first business. Mentors have played a big part in my success. That’s why I’m so passionate about helping others find mentors, resources and the information they need to grow and learn”.
“My goal is to help women build, sustain and grow successful businesses. ABN provides a voice for business-owners and entrepreneurs in the community. We lobby for good public policy and legislation across a range of key issues impacting business women.”
Australian Businesswomen's Network
- 2014 - Top 20 Business Blogs - SmartCompany
- 2013 - Winners: Best Australian Blogs Competition - Business Category
- 2012 – Finalists: City of Sydney Business Awards - Education Category
- 2012 – Finalists: Best Australian Blogs Competition - Business Category
- 2011 – Winners: City of Sydney Business Awards- Education Category
- 2011 – Finalists: Best Australian Blogs Competition - Business Category
- 2010 – Winners: Best Mentoring Program - LearnX
- Finalist in the 2001 Telstra Business Women’s Awards
- 2003 finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Eastern Region awards in the category: Services – including Financial, Business and Property.
- Early adopter in Australia of innovative marketing techniques such as pay-per-view and web-based seminars and Internet marketing.
- Suzi’s expertise is in the direct response marketing area and my company was one of the first in its industry to use the power of email marketing and the web to do business.
- Featured in many national publications including: The Australian, the Sydney Morning Herald, Canberra Times, Dynamic Business, My Business Magazine, Virgin’s in-flight magazine Voyeur, The Australian Financial Review, Daily Telegraph, New Woman magazine, BRW Magazine and on numerous radio programs and online news channels
- Often asked to comment in the media on issues related to women in business. “My passion for marketing continues and I travel regularly to attend educational events in Australia and overseas.”
- Panelist on Channel 7′s The Dragons’ Den
- Host – In Her Shoes channel on CBS Interactive’s bnet.com.au
- Host – HerBusiness Podcast on iTunes
- Appearances in the prestigious BRW Young Rich List in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006, and 2007, profiled amongst the country’s great talents in business and entertainment.
Suzi is often asked to comment in the media on issues related to women in business. Her passion for marketing continues and she travels regularly to attend educational events in Australia and overseas – learning of new technology and business practices that are then shared with her 20,000 strong community through the use of innovative learning technologies.
Her expertise is in the social media and direct response marketing area and her company was one of the first in its industry to use the power of email marketing and the web to do business. Today she’s asked to speak on Social Media and the Australian Businesswomen’s Network’s use of new media to provide education and mentoring to women in small business.
Suzi ranks as one of Australia’s top users of social media to engage community, to network and to do business.
“Energy, insights and lots of business savvy is what you’ll get from a Suzi Dafnis presentation. Suzi is absolutely engaging as a speaker and delivers practical business know-how with an entertaining style. As a key presenter on our Webinars like ‘Facebook for Business’ and ‘Ask the Expert: Roundtable on Webinar Production, Promotion and Presentation’, Suzi always gets rave reviews from our audiences. Why? Because she knows her stuff, tells great stories and can always make you chuckle – a fantastic recipe!”
Todd Lewis, Marketing Manager – Asia Pacific, Citrix Online